Tuesday 26 July 2016

The Blend: Initial Review Strands Virgin Hair



Finally managed to get back on here for a hair review, it's been a hectic couple of months but I've got few reviews lined up [in no particular order!] first up is Strands Virgin Hair

Strands Virgin Hair is a US based company, that offers virgin hair in natural textures that mimic afro hair textures [ummmm ok sign me up!] They offer wefts, clips & closures.

"OUR MISSION IS TO TRANSFORM UNHEALTHY HAIR INTO HEALTHY HAIR, ONE HEAD AT A TIME, BY FINALLY OFFERING WOMEN WITH CURLY OR MULTI-TEXTURED HAIR, PRODUCTS THAT BLEND SEAMLESSLY WITH NATURAL CURL PATTERNS AND HAIR TYPES."


With a mission statement like that I had to give them a try!  I received 3 bundles of their afro kinky wefted hair to make a upart wig. I'm always a little wary when trying unknown hair for a upart, it really has to match your hair 99.9% if you don't want to have to blend the hair[some times I just don't!]. I really want this to be an everyday wig, one where no one would ask if the hair was mine or not. Did it deliver? heck yeah! this is a great match for 4C hair probably in my top 3! [yeah I said it!]

Like natural hair the hair was initially quite dry, however after co-washing and adding products [hydrating curl cream] the hair felt amazing. This a great texture for us 4C girls but you do need to remember that it is like 4C hair in every aspect so you do need to take extra care so it doesn't tangle or become dry [like you do with your own hair right?] also remember shrinkage yes hunny chile! this hair will shrink again like 4C [WHEN I SAY IT'S LIKE 4C HAIR I MEAN IT!]



The hair is easily styled with twist outs this will help define the curls and stretch them. The hair looks great in a brushed out fro but if you don't have to time to take extra care when detangling I would stick with twist and braid outs. The hair detangles fine as long as you are doing it the correct way. So use lots of conditioner [this hair really liked Herbal Essences Coconut Conditioner] and brush from ends and work your way up. Aunt Jackie's Curl Mane-tenace works great for definition and softness. This would be great if you have 4C hair and you are a fan of clip ins as it will blend really well.



I colored and cut this hair after initially wearing the hair in its natural state I decided  to give the Upart wig a revamp, I lifted the base color which was a natural black then tinted it with a burgundy/purple color, it's subtle but very cute [if I do say so myself] I also gave the hair a Frob a fro bob! I LOVE it! people at work have been commenting on how fab my natural hair is looking so to be that is definite +



I don't really have any negatives about this hair so far, it held up to color well even after two color processes, time will tell if the hair holds up my my initial thoughts are pretty good!

Because I like to hook you up receive 15% off with code THEWIGWITCH www.strandsvirginhair.com

from Natural Belle http://hairspiration.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-blend-initial-review-strands-virgin.html
via

No comments:

Post a Comment